We invite Zambian women aged between 20-28 to apply to participate in the Youth Sport Exchange Programme (YSEP) 2020/2021.
About the Programme:
YSEP is a cultural exchange programme within the Nowegian Exchange Commisison (NOREC) to facilitate youth learning and sharing through exposure to day to day work and life in a different country. YSEP participants volunteer in sport federations, sport NGOs, community clubs and schools in Malawi and Norway for a period of 10 months. To facilitate adoption of the local ways of living and working, volunteer are hosted within families in Malawi and in Norway they live in a shared apartment in the city. YSEP volunteers work as coaches, activity leaders, P.E support, sports administrators and sport project assistants among other roles.
The programme expenses including passport, visa, flights, accommodation, and a stipend to cover basic transport and food costs while in the placement are provided. Please note that although YSEP participants are treated as staff members in their host organisations, the stipend is not a salary, it only covers basic expenses.
About the Applicants:
NOWSPAR is recruiting women who are trained coaches, peer leaders, sport administrators, and activity leaders to participate in this programme. We particularly encourage women from the following sport disciplines: Judo, Athletics, Volleyball, Handball, Football, Table Tennis, and Netball. Alumni of the sports education programmes including Goal, Play It Forward, and other peer leader programmes are welcome to apply.
Applicants should have:
- Confidence to work in a new place/organisation
- An open mind to learn and to adapt to different work and living cultures
- Willingness to live in a different culture and place
- Skills and experience to teach, coach, plan, and manage activities
- Maturity and responsibility to manage their time, targets, and plans
- Interest and commitment to learn a new language (Norwegian or Cichewa)
- Skills to use digital communication- smart phone apps and computer
- Motivation to develop themselves through work experiences, exposure, and skills
- Ability to face social, work, and personal challenges and work through them
- Resourcefulness to work in a diversity of cultures and contexts (class, religion, genders, ethnicities etc)
- Ability to work with a variety of age groups (5 years – over 60) and physical abilities/disabilities
There are two potential placements, Norway and Malawi. Please note that there are fewer placements in Norway and majority of applicants will be placed in Malawi. Placements are between August 2020 and June 2021. (Subject to change).
Please fill in the form by 17thApril 2020. Click Here for Application Form
Kindly note that you must provide an answer to each question in order to be able to click submit.
Covid 19 Statement: Please note that any changes due to the response to the pandemic will be communicated. Changes may affect start date of the placements.