Addressing Gender Based Violence in and Through Sport!
The NOWSPAR She’s Got Power Program is an initiative to facilitate access to resurces for girls and women in sport. Resources including information, skills, tools and platforms to fufil their potental and explore opportunities.
Some components of our program include:
- Awareness raising: Public information sharing on women’s rights, protection, prevention and response to GBV
- Advocacy: Advocating for resource allocation and practices that respect women’s rights and freedom from safety
- Capacity development: Developing capacity of community leaders in sport to engage with GBV issues
- Resource Mobilisation: Raising resources for the development and delivery of the project activities including information, finances, materials and technical capacity
- Learning: Conducting documentation and research on women and GBV issues in sport
The project was launched in 2008 in Lusaka and progress so far includes:
- Raising awareness on the issue of girls empowerment
- Drawing policy and media attention to GBV in Sport issues
- Contributing to the development of Guiding Principles on GBV
- Mobilising resources to equip young women with skills to prevent GBV
- Supporting capacity development of sport institutions to engage with GBV issues