NOWSPAR is a membership organisation of Zambian women and men who believe that sport, physical activity and recreation have the power to foster social change and increase an individual’s quality of life. It advocates, educates, and increases participation of women and girls in sports.
We believe that all people should have equal access to information, education and healthy lifestyle choices.
Our aim is to encourage and promote engagement of women and girls in all areas, levels and abilities in physical activity, sport and recreation for fun and excellence.
We promote women’s rights to and through sport.
1. To establish a self-sustaining organization in which the network is always building to include more communities, organizations, and interactions between countries.
2. To advocate for women and girls’ representation, participation, and leadership in sport, physical activity, and recreation.
3. To educate and create awareness of the benefits of women and girls participation in sport, physical activity and recreation.
4. To conduct research regarding gender equity, women and girl’s leadership development, sports administration, opportunities and barriers to women and girls participation in sport, physical activity and recreation.
5. To increase opportunities for participation of women and girls in sport, physical activity and recreation both in schools and communities.
Advocacy and civic education
Health (HIV/ AIDS) education & awareness
Events and festivals
Equal access to sport for women
Access to gender sensitive equipement and facilities
Promoting women’s livelihood through sport
Prevention of gender based violence and abuse
Enviromental conservation and sensitivity
Promoting sport for development approach
Women and Girls in Communities, Sports Association, Social and Recreation Clubs and Schools.
OUR MEMBERS AND CHAPTERS